I continue to sing this song many times each day.
This is the day that the Lord has made!
I will rejoice and be glad in it!
Is this not a children's song? But it is deep theology!
Because the Lord has made this day (and every day), because he loves us, and because he has all power to express his love for us by working for our good, we can trust him. Yes, we can trust him even with the thorough, unquestioning trust of a child. We can rejoice and be glad in each day without consideration for what the day brings. Because the Lord made the day, we know that all in it is for our good.
- "This is what the LORD says—
your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb:
I am the LORD,
who has made all things,
who alone stretched out the heavens,
who spread out the earth by myself,
- For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.
~1 Chronicles 29:11-13
- Your laws endure to this day,
for all things serve you.
- And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- "You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being."