Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Good News

Ginny Owens's debut Without Condition was released way back in 1999, but it may as well be new. In Ginny's lyrics, I find lessons for me today. Be Thou My Vision begins the record and its theme. There's a big lesson there!

I'm still growing and learing and so forth, but I am humbled by the words of I Wanna Be Moved because the first verse describes me and the rest does not:

    The Road is winding, narrow and steep
    And I can't keep walking with frozen feet,
    My spirit is not willing;
    My heart is cold as ice;
    Thaw out my convictions;
    The passion's left my life

    I don't wanna be a flame
    I wanna be a raging fire
    Tired of my will, my way,
    Your calling's higher!
    Oh, I know it's time I stopped running from the truth
    So I'll stand here still, until I'm filled
    I wanna be moved I wanna be moved by you!


    Wanna be a rebel with a Holy cause,
    Stand against the Devil and hold up my cross,
    You have a mission for me; a reason why I'm here,
    To radiate your glory, with sweet songs to your ears

No comments: